Friday, February 4, 2011

challenges galore and my other new hobby!!

This is  my second post of the day!! I made this card a couple of nights ago for a male friend of mine in the UK! It was his birthday last week and I'm still to send it!! OOPPS. It's the thought that counts.. Right?? LOL!!
So these are my new stamps from Kaszazz that were in the january release! I thought they were super cute and thought I could use them for both boys/men and girls/ladies cards!! I didnt follow a sketch for this card, just thought it up as I went. But I did have the Sir Stampalot challenge in mind 'when making it which is all creatures great and small. I know the flowers are supposed to be white but thought it might make the card look a bit girly so made them red instead!! I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder for the "pond" and just added some buttons cos, well cos I love buttons!! :)  And as always added Kindy Glitz for a bit of bling!!
 
So without further ado, here is my card!!

Sorry about the glare and shadow but I took about 6 photos of this card and just couldn't get the right picture. So this was  the best out of all of them!!

I have entered this card in the following challenges:
* Fab n Funky Challenges - colour combo - chocolate and blue
* The Pixie Cottage - Sketch and/or buttons ( I used buttons but not the sketch)
* The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
* Sir Stampalot Challenge- All creatures Great and Small
* Bearly Mine Challenges - For Men and or Boys




As I mentioned I have a new hobby and that is growing vegies!! Anyone who knows me knows that i never loved gardening but since I've been in this house (three years) I have had a lot of success (and some failures) in growing fruit and vegies!!! When I moved here there were already a lot of fruit trees including plum, apple, necatrine and lemon trees and there were also cherry tomatoes! The lemon tree has been a bit touch and go the last couple of years but this year it has so many lemons on it and I am super excited because I use lemons a lot for my baking!! So anyway, this year i decided to go a bit further and try my hand and growing a few more things. So late last year i planted berry , yellow pear and tiny tim Tomato plants as well as Popcorn plus I have been growing strawberries for a number of years. unfortunately i lost the Tiny tim tomato plant but the other three things are going just great! So i just thought I'd share what i have been picking and how great the garden looks!! Still haven't perfected it by any means but I am learning along the way and will start thinking about what i will plant in the next couple of months!
So here are a few pics to show you what i have been growing!!
These are my tomato and Popcorn Plants

My strawberry Patch with some fruit and veg I have picked

Lovely fresh fruit and veg!!

Until Next Time... Enjoy!! xx

15 comments:

  1. Your card is such fun! I love the embossing folder for the pond.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cute froggy card:) Well done on your vegetables, they look so healthy and gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at BM Challenges......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those new frog stamps are super cute and the garden photos look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Alethea! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Alethea what a wonderful job you are doing with the fresh fruit and veg that bowl of fruit looks delicious I bet they taste awesome, talking of awesome I am so loving your card those frogs look both fun and fabulous and I love the texture for the pond, thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card creation is adorable ... and your fruits & veggies are AMAZING!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ... hope you'll join us again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute,love the wee frogs,,bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, love the fresh fruit too. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this time and good luck. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card with those frogs. Great garden also. :) Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those frogs are so funny!!
    Thanks for joining The Pixie Cottage this week.
    Adrina XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun frogs! Thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great card

    Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow the card is great and all that fruit and veg looks so yummy I wish I had enough space to have a go at some of that
    Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!