Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back again...

...with another card as promised. I have spent a lovely day with my eldest son Liam, while Logan is at his cousins for a sleepover. We haven't done much, as the weather has been cold and wet, so we watched a couple of movies and made our own marshmallows but it's just been nice to spend some quality time just the two of us!! He has just loved it as have I! We don't get to do it very often so we enjoy it when we do!!!
Not sure if i mentioned in my last post but I spend at least once or twice a week just colouring images so they are ready to be used to make a card! I bought this stamp from Kellie Winnell (from Tickled Pink Stamps) who was selling some of her used stamps to make way for more new one's..LOL!! I thought she was so cute and just had to have her!!

This is the second one I coloured as I wasn't sure what papers I was going to use with the first one but then thought I'd use my Kaisercraft papers I bought a stack of last year!!. So I picked some colours out of the papers then coloured Tilda in using my Tria markers. The rest of the card is made with the Kaisercraft papers!! I cut out an extra set of the xmas trees and stuck them on foam dots of varying heights, added some decorations at the top, added kindyglitz for a bit of sparkle and to finish it off added the Papertrey Ink sentiment and a few rhinestones.

I showed my sister this card and she has asked me to make another couple of these for the teachers at the end of the year!! Always makes my day when someone likes my cards!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Christmas is Coming
* Just Magnolia - Holiday Fun
* Fab 'n'Funky - It's Christmas
* Incy Wincy Designs - Something Old, Something New
* Ooh La La Creations - Oh Christmas
.

11 comments:

  1. I also love it when i get genuine appreciation for a card. This one really is lovely , just love those trees ,especially the way you have raised them.
    Thanks for playing at Ooh-la-la

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alethea, what a wonderful Christmas card! I love the trees!! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week, hope to see you again soon! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous creation and perfect for our Christmas is Coming Challenge this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have new candy if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to organised I love this card and she is just perfect.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just so very sweet. I love the colors. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at fab n funky.

    Hugs
    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at OLLCB this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - love the colours!
    Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet!
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La la with your beautiful Xmas creation; we hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our challenge

    Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,

    I also have some calorie free candy if you are interested

    Good Luck with the challenge

    Hugs Bridget :0) x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining our "Christmas is Coming" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!