Saturday, October 8, 2011

Digi Bell's GDT - Letters to Santa

My boys asked the other day if they could write their Christmas letters to Santa.. I told them it was a bit early but they think because all the Christmas decorations, trees etc are already in the stores that it's not!! And I'm sure I saw a Letters to Santa post box in a store the other day so I guess it's not!!
     It's my turn to post on the Digi Bell's Blog today and I'm here to share a card I really enjoyed making... I have wanted to colour  Letters to Santa by the extremely talented Elisabeth Bell in for awhile in just blues so finally got around to doing it the other day. And it turned out exactly how I wanted it too!! In fact better than I had imagined... So good that i decided once again to keep the design of the card simple!! i think if anything it just needs a sentiment but until I decide who I am sending it to I decided to leave it off!!


I used the Lia Stampz Sketch. I cut the image out using my new Stampin Up Circle Scissor Plus which was fun to use!! Not sure that I centred it to well but I did ok for my first attempt. I coloured the image in with Tria markers and I added rocky candy stickles to the little girls jacket and hat and used picket fence stickles to the snow!! And I embossed the background paper with some snowflakes. I haven't used embossing powder for ages but it looks great for this card!!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I have not been well so have spent a lot of time sleeping!!! But you'll be seeing a bit of me over the next few weeks so I will make up for it!!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Crafts and Me - Use a Digi
* Sweet Stamps - Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. Hiya hope you are well this is a beautiful card love the colouring on this and the LO is lovely
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful image Alethea and love how have coloured her in too. Fabulous.

    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Leath, everything about it, the colours, embossing and of course the snowflakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors and your coloring are so beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at
    Sweet Stamps Challenge
    Have a sweet week.
    Never to early to start a Christmas list to Santa, you know it will change a dozen times...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alethea, your Letters to Santa image looks great all dressed in blue on this fabulous card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's "Use a Digi" challenge. ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!