Monday, October 24, 2011

SSD Steampunk challenge #4

Wow, I'm cutting it fine again today for the fourth and final challenge over at the Sassy Studio Designs progressive challenge.
      Our last freebie we received for completing challenge #3 was Steampunk Vivian and our challenge - Anything Goes!! So I decided to use all the elements that we had to include in the last three challenges!! I have thoroughly enjoyed creating steampunk and vintage cards so I will probably create more of these in the near future!!
      So I won't keep you anymore.. here is my card!!


I used The Sweet Stop Sketch but as you an see I have skewed the sketch a bit but all the elements are there with some added extras!! I coloured Steampunk Vivian, umbrella, gears and flying padlocks in with Tria markers and I added some glitter and shimmer chalks to give it a bit of sparkle (but as always, the camera didn't capture the sparkle). I inked the lace with black ink and also inked over the timeless sentiment which was a freebie over at the SSD PCP page! The papers are Graphic 45 again and I created the clock paper which is the base of the card!!! The umbrella and flying padlocks are from KL dezign but like I said the  other day I can't seem to find the blog!! There are quite a few layers to this card but I forgot to take a photo so you could see and I've now sold the card so can't show you (opps :))
I have been so happy with how my cards have turned out for this fun progressive challenge but I think I've got a bit better as the challenge went along and I absolutely love this card and clearly so did my friend as she just bought it!!!

Thanks to all the SSD DT for the freebies and the inspiration  for this progressive challenge and congrats for reaching 500 followers on PCP!

Besides entering this into the SSD challenge #4 for the progressive challenge I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
* The Sweet Stop - Sketch with the option of Pink
* The Corrosive Challenges - Flying Things
* Scrappy Frogs - Something that Flies
* Crafts for Eternity Recipe Challenge -  Metal Embellishment
* Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenge - Layer upon Layer

10 comments:

  1. A-MAZ-ING!!! Alethea, this is stunning! What a wonderful, whimsical, steampunk spectacular this is! No wonder your friend bought it from you on sight! I don't even know where to start with the compliments - I love everything and there is so much detail and so many lovely things to look at! "Wow" is all I can say! Thanks for completing our Sassy Steampunk Progressive Relay at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it again girl woo hoo!!! Your best yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Were to begin??!!!?? I love EVERYTHING about this amazing creation! Wow! Thanks for continuing on with us at the Sassy Studio Designs Progressive Challenge!! Don't forget, there are still days left to enter the Christmas Challenge for this month! There is a great odds of winning too...
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lot of detail and a stylish result

    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a cool card! So much to look at and discover! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at the SSD PCP Steampunk Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love all the element you have used! It's a fabulous card and a perfect setting for the gorgeous Vivian!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sassy and fabulous card Alethea. Love the images (the cutting is awesome) and the coloring. The lace is pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just so gorgeous hun....

    thanks for joining us at TPC.....and good luck..!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!