Sunday, November 13, 2011

White on White - GDT The Crafty Pad

Hi everyone.. Sorry I am a little late posting this!! I was away for the weekend and when I got home I received some extremely sad news!! My youngest son Logan has a had a relief teacher, Jacqui Munro, a few times over the past couple of months and Logan just loved her. I also knew her from school and Auskick as my oldest and her youngest son go to the same school.She is always smiling, such a positive, vibrant attitude and always there to offer advice about anything!! Just a really beautiful person!! Well sadly, she passed away suddenly Friday morning while getting her boys ready for school!! I am unsure of the cause of death but so very shocking!! i only spoke to her Thursday night and to find out a happy, healthy person can just be gone the next morning is just... well I am in shock. I just cannot believe it!! I feel so sorry for her boys who found her I just can't imagine what they and her husband are going though!! I broke the news to both my boys and they are extremely sad as am I!! My thoughts and prayers go out to Jacqui's family!! May you rest in peace!!! I know you'll be watching over your beautiful family, your bright light forever shining!!! xxx

Well onto my creation I have made for The Crafty Pad!! This week our them is White on White and we were given this cute image "Snowman Couple" to create with!! I had a really hard time making this card because I just couldn't get the look I was hoping for!! So I decided to take a few nights off and go back to it and after asking my boys for some help and not getting any...LOL, this is what I came up with...
I think I was trying to add too many layers when I first started creating this card so I scaled it right back and went for a clean and simple look!! And I love the way it turned out!!! I just embossed the card with snowflakes, cut a strip of white card and used my eyelet border punch, added white star ribbon, coloured the images with tria markers and stickles, chalked around the edges of them and added twine to make them into hanging ornaments!!! Not sure if you can see all the sparkles but it really does look fabulous in real life!!!
So now that you've seen my card, why not head on over to The Crafty Pad (if you haven't already) and see what the rest of the DT have created!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Alethea this is mot a clean and simple card!!!!1 This is absolutely stunning!!!!! Wow the design for this card is fabulous!!!! You have really done an excellent job on this christmas card!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is gorgeous Alethea! White on White sure looks really stunning! Love the cute snowmen couple too!

    Sorry to hear the sad new about one of your friends.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alethea I am so sorry to learn about your sad news, what an awful shock for you all and heartbreaking for Jacqui's family.
    Your card is beautiful hun, so sweet, I do love white on white cards
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!