Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Birthday at Polka Doodles!!!

OMG where has the week gone? The weeks seem to be disappearing a little too quickly for me!! I cannot believe we are nearly half way through the year!! The weather is cooling down here, cold mornings are certainly making it hard to get up in the morning!!
Well it is time for a new challenge at Polka Doodles and this week we would like to see your Summer Birthday creations!! As always there are fab prizes on offer so I  hope that you can join in!!

 I found this theme a bit of a challenge - perhaps because it is winter here so the weather is pretty uninspiring! Anyway, I decided to have a look at the Sundae of Seasons Cd and looked in the summer section and this is what I came up with... I duplicated the image so I could give it some depth by putting some of the flowers on foam dots. I just die cut out the image, inked around it and used some washi tape underneath it for a bit of colour. The sentiment is from the All Around and Everywhere CD. I added some dew drops to finish it off!
I hope that you can join us this week. And don't forget there are lots of fabulous digi's to be found at Polka Doodles... head on over and look in Digi World for instant downloads or if you prefer CD Roms then there are plenty of those to choose from too!!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous summer card Alethea, love the design and the flowers and dragonfly is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!