Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Anything but a Card at Crafty Sentiments (GDT)

Well it is with a heavy heart today as I share with you my final project as a GDT member at Crafty Sentiments!! I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with the oh so adorable Crafty Sentiments images and have felt very honoured to have been able to create with the last two months new releases!! So I would just like to Thank everyone at Crafty Sentiments so much for having me especially  Jan who has put up with my last minute creations and silly questions.. I will of course continue to join in the challenges starting next week.
So this weeks challenge at Crafty Sentiments is Anything but a Card! I had fun making this and my son absolutely loves it!!!


I decided to make a door hanger for my son. I made this over a couple of nights as I had to wait for the paint layers to dry although I did finally use my heat gun cos I got sick of waiting. So I painted the door hanger black then with my not so creative hand writing painted the words on which I got from a pirate translator. :)  I then varnished over the top of that! I coloured the images - Tobey - Arr Captain and Primrose - Sweet Treasures in with tria markers and glued them down then covered them in Crystal effects. I also used crystal effects on the pre-coloured  treasure chest and  pirate flag from Bonbon Belles cd collection from Polka Doodles. (I think it will just protect the images more) And to finish them off I just added the anchor charms, the pirate button and then I inked around the edge of the hanger with white ink! Oh and I almost forgot I printed off a little treasure map and tied it on.
I hope that you can join us at Crafty Sentiments this week!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
* Sassy Studio designs - Pirate challenge
* Chocolate Coffee and Cards - Anything Goes
* Craftroom Challenge - Use something Wooden
* 4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
* Whimsy Stamps - Masculine
* Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. this is brilliant Alethea and I'm so glad you've enjoyed playing with us all at Crafty sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely door hanger! Thanks for joining at CCCC: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely door hanger...the pirate theme is fab! Your son is sure to love it! Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Wishes, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alethea, this is too cute! What a great idea! Love the sayings. Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge this week and good luck.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. your door hanger looks just fab- your son is going to love it- such fun :-) Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea love the theme and all the pirate elements you used. Thank you for sharing this fab fun project with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOX Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Alethea, love the images.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous door hangers, cute images!
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous project, love the design great images. Thank you for joining us ay 4 krafty Girlz this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Am So Loving This You Pick Too Fab Images To Make It With And Love The Handwriting Definitely Something For Your Son To Treasure. Oops Treasure Sorry No PUn In Tended. Wow That 2 Months Went So Quickly And Loved Your Creations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A brilliant door hanger, thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful make!
    Thank you so much for entering the 4 krafty girlz challenge!
    Best of Luck!
    Toni-Marie Price DT xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!