Friday, September 27, 2013

Christmas has arrived early at Polka Doodles!!

Good evening!! It's time for a new challenge at Polka Doodles and this week we would like to see you using more than one fold with your creations! There are a few new rules at Polka Doodles including that you are no longer restricted to entering just 10 challenges and our top winner will now be randomly picked!! So hopefully more of you will join our challenges now that the rules have changed!!
So as well as creating something with more than one fold the DT were challenged to use either the new Angelberry cd Collection or the new Home for Christmas cd collection.
I used elements from the  Angelberry cd Collection because I do love the pastel colours in the collection.

View of  card closed
 I decided I wanted to try something new this week and  saw this  modified tri-shutter card on the Splitcoast Stampers website so thought I'd give it a go! Everything I used on my card ( besides the embellishments) is from the Angelberry cd collection. I printed out the pre-coloured image and the sentiment on white card, I cut it out , then inked around the edges with pink ink. I then added kindyglitz to the wings of the angel and also to all the snow drops on the Christmas tree patterned paper. To finish off the card I added the mini heart cookie cutters and the rhinestones.. So that the card would close properly I tied some plastic ribbon (not sure what it's actually called) and a charm.
The rest of the DT have some gorgeous creations to share with you so be sure to stop over at the Polka Doodles blog for inspiration. Then from there why not stop by the Polka Doodles store and check out all the fabulous cd collections, instant digi downloads and many other fabulous products!!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card, Alethea, love the fold you have used! TFS and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Alethea, thats one of my favourite papers and that fold is so clever
    have a good weekend
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!