Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy Birthday at Elisabeth Bell's World!


Wow. can you believe it is nearly March already? How quickly the time is flying!!! And because it is, it means it is time for a new challenge at Elisabeth Bell's World. This months challenge is Happy Birthday.. a nice easy one, so pull out your Elisabeth Bell stamps and join us because there is a fabulous prize on offer!
I decided to colour up Cinnamon Sugar from Elisabeth Bell's collection at Whimsy Stamps. I wanted to try something a little different by colouring her a different colour and I actually quite like the way it turned out although I could have shaded it better! I coloured her in with tria markers, then inked around the edge of the image! I embossed some black card stock using a Happy Birthday embossing folder. I cut that in half diagonally then put a red strip between the two! I used a border punch  on cs to put behind the image, then added all the embellishments!! Not sure if it's perhaps too dark! My boys love it because it's their favourite footy teams colours.. :)
I hope that you will join us this month at Elisabeth Bell's World this month. We would love to at least double our entrants  this month so why not come and join in. Don't forget there is also The Digi Bell's Blog hop still going on where you can win Elisabeth Bell's new digi image - Going on a Walk


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous with wonderful striking red and black colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Alethea! Love the striking red and black and white combo! Terrific coloring and design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!