Friday, February 28, 2014

Sugar and Spice mid challenge post for Polka Doodles!!


Howdy friends. We are halfway through our Sugar and Spice challenge at Polka Doodles so Team A are here to give you some mid challenge inspiration so come and join us as there is a fabulous prize up for grabs!
I love to bake so the Sugar and Spice theme for me had to include some sort of food! I wanted to use this fabulous Dollie Daydream  - Birthday Digi stamp and thought I wanted to add a birthday cake design paper behind her but then I came across this fabulous cupcake image from the Cherryblossom Lane cd collection so I enlarged it and I think it works perfect!
I coloured Dollie DayDream - Birthday Digistamp in with tria markers! I added some twine around the cake, then added kindyglitz to the star and crystal effects to the flame on the candle! Then I just added the sentiment from the Sensational Sentiments stamp sheet, inked around the edges of the card and added the rhinestones! 
Did you know that Polka Doodles now has an Etsy store for this digi and many others as well as being available at Polka Doodles.
Look forward to stopping by your blogs and seeing what you have created for our Sugar and Spice challenge!

8 comments:

  1. This card makes me feel very hungry! Maybe i will bake some lovely cupcakes today!! Keeeeeeeeep Crafting xx Katie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Alethea - fabulous cupcake and you coloured the Dollie perfectly! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and loving the cupcake. Beautifully coloured image too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 words Alethea Fab & Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful DT project for the challenge

    Hugs Kerrie x
    Polkadoodles DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!